Monday, February 18, 2008

akai makigami to neba-rando - Mix Speaker's,Inc.

Curly Red Hair and Neverland
translation

Gazing, the same as always Softly softly feel the wind
Me, with curly red hair
Stood up the same as always Aimlessly disolved into night
Me, with curly red hair

I can't return outside the window "Come to me" and gave me his hand, dear Peter Pan

In the terribly destroyed town I search for your image
Not finding a single thing This body is burning
Shining in the spreading darkness The small light
Faded with the memory of sometime That Peter Pan

I will not forget Inside of time "Come to me" and Gave me his hand, the dear voice
I will not forget Inside of Time "Come to me" and Gave me his hand, dear Peter Pan

The sky I drew Memory without end
Have we come close again? This body burns
Seen in the spreading night The last light
Disappeared, unable to even say farewell That Peter Pan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there ^^,
I found your Blog in the internet because I'm searching for some good translations and I was so hyper when I found your Blog here <33
Thank you so much for all this translations *_*
But I have a little question to "akai makigami to neba-rando". I only know this song under the name "akai kan kami to neba-rando" and then I saw your Blog and thought "eh? °_°"... So I'm confused which one is right.. "akai makigami to neba-rando" or "akai kan kami to nebarando".. could you maybe give me an answert? ;_;
I'm really confused because so many other people use the "akai kan kami" *nods*

Thank you in advance ^^

nice greets Totchix

Chieko said...

Totchix,
shakespeare.gurl is currently unable to access the site, so chieko will reply and wonder if this comment reaches you. *hopes*

Anyway, to answer your question: with a good 25 years or so Japanese language study between the three of us posters, we can say with certainty that 'makigami' is the correct romanization. Also, you can hear Miki and Yuki singing 'makigami' in the chorus if you listen closely. (^_^)
'Kan kami' isn't wrong, exactly; 'kan' and 'maki' are both viable reading for the character meaning 'coil', just like 'kami' and '-gami' are reading for the character meaning 'hair'. There are a bunch of rules governing when to use which form, but I won't bore you with them.

I hope this helped ease the confusion.
~Chieko